Thursday, July 23, 2009

LIfe this summer has been...Interesting

Yes, I know I have seriously have been slacking on blogging lately.... But this summer has been quite interesting to say the least. Our lives turned into exactly the opposite of what we thought it was going to be. At the beggining of the summer we thought we were going to do summer sales in Seattle for a phone/internet/tv company called Elevate. After a week we realized that this company was not ready for us to sell to say the least. We backed out of that one fast. All the guys decided that they were going to go back to what they knew best, pest control. The guys were off to Dallas Texas and all the wives stayed at home. After staying at home for about 3 days I knew that I couldn't stay there all summer. Off to Utah I went by myself to stay in an empty apartment with no microwave, no pot or pans, no cups and an airmattress. I was definately living the GHETTO life. I did a CNA class to start my nursing stuff and pasted the state test later that month. Bryce went from selling pest control in Dallas to Los Angeles thinking it would be better there to sell. Later thaat month He flew home for my birthday!! Which was sooo nice to see my hubby after not seeing him for a about 3 weeks. When we were together we knew that we had to be together for the rest of the summer no matter what happened, I just had to finish my class then I was to go out to be with him. Well he flew out to pick me up a coupl weeks later and we changed our minds completly! Bryce was no longer going to sell pest control since sells really aren't doing too well this summer and we were both going to stay in Utah! Definately not what we thought we were going to be doing all summer but it has been the best thing ever that has happened! Bryce got a job with Comcast which has been amazing! The hours are very flexible and there is more security than summer sales. He was able to go to school this summer and get ahead so he can apply to the accounting program at byu earlier! Although our life has changed completly, having summer sales not turn out so great has been a blessing in disguise! Our lives finally are settling down and life is great! After searching for a job for a good month, I got a job a couple weeks ago as a CNA! I work at Summerfield Manor in Orem. It is assisted living which is sooo nice cuz I don't have to deal with the gross things at nursing homes. I really like my job so far! ITs been great! So our lives are finally settling down! We got an apartment in Orem that we will be staying in! We should be moving in anytime now! WE are just waiting for the place to open up... I will post some pics as soon as we get moved in!

2 comments:

Andrea and Preston said...

Brittany, its sounds like you've had a crazy summer, to say the least. I'm glad you got a CNA job! Summerfield is a nice place! Where in Orem are you moving? We've been living in Orem for a few years, on 800 south, but we're moving to michigan at the end of the summer =(

Johnston Gang said...

isnt it funny how things work out, when at the time everything seems to be going wrong! im so glad you guys are doing great! im so happy you live closer, and we can see each other more often! (maybe next time on NOT such a crazy weekend with so much going on so we can just chill!!!!) madi misses her brittany!!