I figure blogging for me is a yearly thing? haha I have been so bad at posting. However, here is an update of our life. I finished my 1st year of nursing school alive and in 1 piece. That is a huge accomplishment considering. The first semester was crazy just cause its the first semester. The second semester we had clinicals 2 days in a row up in Odgen (an hour and a half for me, and 2 for some) that we were suppose to be at 530. The only way to make it work was to get a hotel. So yes got a hotel for almost every week in the semester so we could go from our OB clinical one day to our med/surg the next. It was really fun getting to really know some of the girls, lets just put it that way. ha The summer was nice! Bryce and I weren't working nearly as much as all the other summers. Bryce got a good job at vivant and made more working 40 hours a week than he did working 80 hours last summer (ya wasn't a fun summer for him that year). I was working as a PCT full time, until... I got a job offer in the ER. A place I always wanted to work, it was my dream. I was not only shocked they called me for the interview, but amazed that they wanted me. The problem was that it was only for a PRN position. I really needed a benefited position for tution reimbursement so Bryce and I could survive this school year. Well that offer ended up being a blessing in disguise because that same day my boss called me up and said "I don't want you to leave, I am going to make a counteroffer". First off a counteroffer? Wow, didn't know my boss loved me that much, and first time I felt my school was paying off and I was getting a real job. It took about a week, but my manager was able to get another position for an LPN okay-ed. So not only was this a counteroffer but they had to make a new position for me, a benefited one to. It was a very hard decision to make, however I knew that working as an LPN would not only be better experience, but I would make more money and have the benefits I needed. So I took the LPN job in a hurry. So far I have been working as an LPN for about 4 months (I got the job July-ish, maybe June?) and I have loved every minute of it. I finally feel like a nurse and that schooling has paid off somewhat. The floor I am working on is awesome to. I am currently in my 3rd semester, and it is about to end in 3 weeks. I am not sad about it at all. I can't wait to be done with school in April. Bryce wants me to do my bachelors, I don't, but I may have another year next year. As far as Bryce goes... He has been studying pre-med, total 180 from where he used to be. He is doing well in his classes. He is aiming to go into podiatry. Bryce decided that it was best not to work this semester to concentrate on school. That as well ended up being a blessing in disguise because he blew out his knee playing co-ed bball. Well almost... got his ACL, MCL, both meniscus, and bone bruising on both bones. He is lucky he didn't get his LCL! So this semester he has been my gimp. He is doing really well. A month and a half after surgery, no crutches or braces and is swimming! ya he swam last night for the first time. (Usually they are just happy that they are off crutches at this time) So he is doing really well! We have about another 3 semesters in Provo and I think we both can't wait to be done. :) One way to describe our summer is... sand volleyball until it was too dark to see. It was a good summer :)
1 comment:
Love the new picture!!!!!!!!!!! You both look amazing!
Post a Comment